The Air Force Office of Special Investigations
a $5,000 reward for information leading to the
conviction of the person or persons responsible for the
death of Airman 1st Class Sean A. Janicik. Please
click here to view the poster.
The poster is being displayed at Sheppard Air Force
Keeping a Memory Alive by Helping Others
The name Blue Belt Janicik, Inc. is a remembrance and tribute to the life of Sean Janicik. Sean graduated from Arlington High School (Dutchess County, NY) in 2001. His passion while attending high school was hockey. Later, Seanís athletic interest turned to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Sean proudly earned his Blue Belt in 2007 (hence the name of our organization). Sean was proud to be an American and joined the U.S. Air Force in order to serve for our country. In October 2008, Sean was killed by a hit and run driver while riding his bicycle. He was returning to Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas after visiting with his wife at their apartment. Despite wearing a helmet and reflective lights on his backpack, Sean was fatally struck. To this day, the driver is still at large.
It is our hope that by promoting
Bicycle Safety and Awareness, educating both bicyclists and motorists, we can help prevent further injuries and fatalities.
It is our mission to promote bicycle safety and awareness to motorists and bike riders.
The goal of Blue Belt Janicik,
Inc. is to create an environment for the safety of bicyclists on roadways across America.
Specific Plans and Objectives:
- To promote bicycle safety and awareness for the benefit of the community
- To distribute bicycle awareness products, such as bumper magnets, at a local and national level
- To organize bicycle races to raise safety and awareness
- To conduct public discussion groups, lectures, and workshops on bike safety and awareness
- To promote bicycle safety products
- To educate motorists on safe practices when sharing the road with cyclists
- To campaign for more cyclists/pedestrian lanes and better roadway conditions for bicyclists
- To help save lives!
“Travel Together Safely Forever”